SPRING 2018 - Expert Systems
Dr. Laura L. Trevino
|CIS 3325 Advanced Business Applications||6 p.m. - 7:20 p.m.||MW||Rm. 320|
|CIS 4375 E-Commerce||12:00 p.m. - 1:20 p.m.||TT||Lab #2|
|CIS 4330 Expert Systems||2:00 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.||TT||RM 318|
W 7:20 - 8:00 p.m.
TT 1:20 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. or by appointment
GROUP PROJECT GUIDELINES
Robot kits will be constructed by groups of five. Each group will choose a local elementary school and arrange to demonstrate their robot to an elementary school class. Your project must be managed using project management tools. You will prepare a 30 -45 minute presentation which will include include information on robotics, a demonstration of your robot, and an activity for class participation. You will then conduct a question and answer period.
You have two objectives. The first is to influence the children to think
about college in a fun and positive way, to tell them the importance of going to
college, and to make them believe they can do it. The second is to teach them
something about robotics!
You may use any type of technology that you want to for presentation of your project. A PowerPoint presentation must be included. Check with your school, you may be limited by what they have.
Your presentation site should be scheduled by March 26th. Teachers get booked up quickly and the last few weeks are almost impossible to schedule. See how much time you will have. See what kind of technology is available for you to work with.
Summarize your project. Include the following information.
1. How was the decision made over which robot kit to assemble? What were the considerations? What were the relevant elements of decision making?
2. How did you organize your group? How did you decide on a leader? How did you delegate duties? What were the major decisions that had to be made?
3. How did you organize your project construction? Did you use linear or parallel processes?
4. Discuss your scheduling. actual vs. planned? What were the differences between your actual and planned schedules? How did you allocate resources?
5. Discuss the purpose of your robot? Why is it designed the way it is? What does it accomplish? What are some real-world situations where your type model of robot is used?
6. What were the bottlenecks, major problems, unanticipated occurrences or major discoveries from your project?
7. What were the benefits of doing this project?
A hard copy of your paper including Items 1-7 from above
An email with your powerpoint presentation
The grades for your group project will be determined primarily
by your group members. I will give you 30% of your grade and the team will
give you the other 70%.BE GREAT TEAM MEMBERS!!!!
Evaluation ( filled out by Dr.
Hall for each presentation)
Team Evaluation (each student will fill out one form for each of their group members)
Teacher Evaluation Form (filled out by the teacher of the classroom where you present